Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Challenges

In these past months I have had so many challenges that I just ask God "Why? Why did you give me this. I don't know if I can do this. This is a mountain. I'm a grain of sand. Really God?" I know it sounds disrespectful and not God-honoring, but it's okay to ask questions. In challenges that we face there are things that we must not do and things that we must realize and learn. Let me tell you though, it's not an easy time even if you are firmly established in God.  Firstly, you must never doubt God, who he says he is and who he is. Secondly, you never should worry, Never loose hope, or listen to things that contradict the Bible. Worry will make things more difficult and will make your heart sick. Without hope, trials become bigger and bigger in your eyes. Listening to lies will tear you from God and challenges will become heavy burdens that you cannot hold. Thirdly, (This is like the most important point) God Never gives you more than he knows you can handle. You may have heard God never gives you more than you can handle. You might say God this is more than I can handle. He sees what you don't see. You knows you better than you know yourself. He knows you are capable of so much more than you think  you are. That is what I learned. 3 long years of challenges. Waiting, not hearing God, feeling deserted, change, and family adjustments. I never thought any of those things would happen. Let me tell you these things do happen, but they are only seasons. I told God that I was so tired of everything that was going on. I told him it was too much. You know, at the time it seemed like that. Here is another thing. For everything that happens anywhere at any time, place, whatever, God has a plan, a use and a reason for that thing. In trials and testing, God makes us stronger, more dependent on him, and more sure of who we are in Him. In those times, God made me stronger. He showed me who I am in Him, and he made me closer to Him. I am so happy that those challenges are over, but also that they came. God loves us, and will never let us go, but we need to cling to him. When everything falls apart, we must not give up on Him. He never gives up on us.

Love,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment