Friday, February 18, 2011

Identity

Are you who God created you to be?
This is a probing question that hit me while watching The Lion King with my little brothers. In the movie, after Nala finds Simba, after the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" song, the strange monkey dude finds Simba. He tells the now huge lion that witnessed his father, Mufasa's, death when he was little, that his father is still alive. Simba was like, "No way dude, I saw him die. That's why I ran away." But the (still strange) monkey insists that Simba looks deep in this pond thing. Mufasa appears and gives his son a pep talk, basically saying, "You are not who you can be. You need to search deep in yourself to find who you are." For us Christians it would translate to God saying to us, "I have destined you to be more than you have become. Find yourself, your true identity in Me." I don't know about you, but I don't want to be lost in a false identity. I want to be found in God.

Love,
Katherine

1 comment:

  1. Wow Melody! You write amazing stuff! Keep at, gorgeous! Black

    ReplyDelete