Monday, October 17, 2011

A Fortress

Have you ever thought of God being your fortress? You know, a fortress is a place of safety. It is strong and is a place to take refuge in. Stop reading after this next sentence and focus on the question. Just think, who or what is your fortress? Don't just say God is your fortress if he really isn't. Are you proud of your real fortress? I know I have made a few fortresses for myself. Where I am loved is usually where my fortress is. However, that isn't really good or right. You all know that I write songs. I write sometimes that God is my fortress. He isn't the only fortress I have though. I am ashamed to say that I'm not quite sure if he is my main fortress. I want him to be my fortress. He is stronger than death... what more could you want for a fortress. He loves us so deeply that we can't comprehend it! Imagine that. (Don't try too hard because it is humanly impossible. :D) He is so amazing that I can't even describe who he is to me. Distractions, sin, and junk of the world blind us to how amazing and wonderful he is though. We forget who we were made to love and who we were made to take refuge in. He is a strong and mighty fortress. All who take refuge in him will be blessed. I am not really sure how this will work, but I am going to challenge you to search your heart and examine your life. What do you rely on and take refuge in that is not God. Talk to God and depending if you are ready and willing, surrender those things to God. He can become your everything if you delight in him and surrender to him everything else that you rely soley on.

Love,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment