Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving

I cannot believe that I missed a post on Thanksgiving! This is terrible! Okay, well it's belated, but I can still do one :)

The Bible says to give thanks to God in everything, but why is it that usually we only think about being thankful for things in November. Honestly? I've heard it put in this really good way, What if everything you said you were thankful for today was all you had tomorrow? For me, I would only have Jesus, my family and my friends. Nothing else. But that changed. I realized that if God gave it to me, he can certainly take it away. I mean, imagine, you give a lot to a child but they don't have an ounce of visible gratitude. They just take it for granted like "Yay! I now have more than I did". You are like, "come on, a simple 'thank you' would be nice." We're like the kid. God gives us gifts, lots of them, and if we're not grateful for the things he has given us, do you think that he'll want to give us more? He loves us, but that doesn't mean that he sometimes resents the things he gives us. So, what is our choice going to be? We choose to be thankful, in fact, it's not even part of our sin nature. Crazy right? :) Don't just choose to be thankful in the month of November, but everyday, all year.

Love,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment