Sunday, May 8, 2011

Evangelism

I guess this is a dreaded word to shy people. I even dislike evangelizing sometimes because it honestly scares me and is out of my comfort zone. I don't feel capable of writing this, but I feel like I must.

  • Why do we need to evangelize?
Because Jesus instructed his disciples to go out into all the world and preach the good news of Jesus Christ. That isn't a good enough reason for alot of people, so I am going to expound on it. Say your best friend is on their death bed and they aren't saved. They are scared because they don't have a clue as to where they are going, or maybe they act like they know where they are going but in their heart they know they are wrong. Would you tell them about Jesus? What if they weren't going to die, would you still, because you love them, tell them about Jesus? You know, this doesn't just apply to friends... it aplies to everyone. I know of one person whose child died and a pastor told her thet her child wasn't saved. She turned away from God because she wanted to be with her son. Things like this happen all of the time. The enemy is getting more souls to torment everyday. If someone had reached out to that woman's son, she might still believe.
  • We aren't the only ones trying to evangelize
Mormans, Jahova's Wittnnesses, Budists etc., evangelize. There is a religeous "war" over souls. Even though many religeons (other than some denominations, like Methodist, Baptist, etc.) , acults, and cults claim to be another "form" of Christianity, they are not. The false religeon's "god" is really Satan. He has many people under his rule. But, even though it seems he is powerful he trembles in the light of God. He was created by God. And God is stronger than everything he has created. Not only that, but Satan has used many different religeons to snare people, but God doesn't need to.
  • Don't wait. Make the most of every opportunity God gives you.
I am convicted even as I say this, but it is selfish to keep and hide the gift God has given to you and to all people. He has given us salvation. Eternal life with Him forever. That is the greatest gift we could ever receive, and we aren't giving anyone a chance to receive it. Whether they reject God or what you say, when they stand before God on Judgment day, they won't have any excuse. Don't give your responsibility to someone else when God has given you a command to do something. Ignoring God won't get you anywhere, waiting is dangerous because we don't know the number of our days.
  • Out of my comfort zone
A lot of things seem to be out of my comfort zone, but when people or God push me to do something that scares me, I become stronger and it becomes easier. We need to overcome our fears. In our weakness, God shows his strngth. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. We are running out of time, but God has a plan. Don't worry. God won't give you more than he knows you can handle. I know from experience. Everything in this post is biblical, and the Bible is nothing but truth. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.

I hope thie atricle has changed your view or helped you see evangelism different. If I have left anything out that you thought was important, leave a comment. :D

Love,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment