Saturday, May 7, 2011

Repentance

This is a little bit of a follow up on surrender. These two concepts go hand in hand. Repentance is basically like asking for forgiveness, but sometimes when we ask for forgiveness, we don't turn all the way around and leave our sinful ways behind us. We just say, "God I'm sorry I got caught in my sin. Wash my sins away because I don't want to go to hell." But with repentance we turn 180 degrees around and forget our sinful ways. In a way, when we repent, it is also like surrendering. We give our sinful ways up, and never take them back again. It's fake surrender if we take back what we've surrendered. Repentance is bridging the gap between you and God. Sin totally separates us from God. The more sin in our lives, the farther away God is. I don't know about you, but I want to be as close to God as I can possibly get. Surrender gives God a complete open door into your life. When you get rid of things in your heart/life God can work even more through you because you are allowing him to do it. Your heart must be in the right place. In a place of surrender. I am guilty of not surrendering things to God when I should have, and I'm also guilty of not repenting. But when I surrender things to God, I open doors for him, and he does things. If you hold onto sin or anything that needs to go away, even though you think it will be too painful to give it up, in the end, it will hurt even more. It is Biblical to surrneder, and to repent, just so you know, and He will forgive you for everything you've ever done, but don't put it off.

Love,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment